Mechanical fitter, plater-welder
Technology industry is a large employing field in Vakka-Suomi region. There is a continuing demand for metalwork professionals in and around Uusikaupunki.
A vocational qualification in production technology may be completed as institutional vocational secondary education and training, in which case the studies mainly take place in Novida but also contain on-the-job training to acquire vocational skills. The education will be in Finnish, but if necessary, can be supported in English. In addition, a Finnish course is part of the studies.
The other option is that the qualification may be completed as apprenticeship training. Apprenticeship training mainly comprises on-the-job training that is complemented with theory studies.
Study Programme Structure
The vocational qualification consists of the following units:
– Working in manufacturing tasks
– Installation and automation tasks
– Welding and plate work
– Working with steel structures
– Welding for repairs and installations
– Sheet metal work
If a student wishes to complete the full degree, he or she needs to study the common units as well. They consist of the following courses:
Communication and interaction competence, 11 competence points
– Communication and interaction in mother tongue (or Finnish as a second language), 4
– Communication and interaction in the second national language, Swedish 1
– Communication and interaction in a foreign language, 3
– Operating in a digital environment, 2
– Art and creative expression, 1
Skills in mathematics and natural sciences, 6 competence points
– Mathematics and application of mathematics, 4
– Physical and chemical phenomena and their application, 2
Citizenship and working life competence, 9 competence points
– Operating as a member of society and a citizen, 2
– Operating in the world of work, 2
– Study and career planning capabilities, 1
– Entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial activities, 1
– Maintaining ability to work and wellbeing at work, 2
– Promotion of sustainable development, 1
Furthermore a student must choose optional study units for 9 competence points.
For further information about study programme studies supported in English or preparatory education, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find more information about this study programme by clicking the followings links:
https://www.novida.fi/haluan-oppimaan/opiskele-ammatti/kone-ja-tuotantotekniikan-perustutkinto-koneasentaja-koneistaja-levyseppahitsaaja/ (in Finnish)
https://www.novida.fi/haluan-oppimaan/opiskele-ammatti/vocational-qualification-in-mechanical-engineering-and-production-technology-for-immigrants/ (in English)